Broad Run, Virginia
Beverley Mill (Chapman’s Mill) was built in 1742 by Jonathan and Nathaniel Chapman, brothers from an enterprising, well-connected colonial family. In 1876 the mill was purchased by the Beverley family and continued to operate until 1951. In 1998, Beverley mill was tragically vandalized and gutted by fire. The four masonry walls suffered extensive damage and required stabilization. The project included: rebuilding selected portions of the wall tops; installation of lead sheet at all ledges, wall tops and window sills to prevent water infiltration; installation of shoring at all door and window openings.